Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Lavinia Stamps Challenge - Autumn Colours

Hi Everyone

Welcome back to another month on the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and this month the challenge is Autumn Colours.  I love autumn don't you?  The beautiful colours of the trees are just fantastic.  Here is my sample for the Challenge:


For this one I have used Kraft card as I wanted to "explore" different mediums to use with the distress inks.  It was not as easy to smooth and blend the colours but it was worth the effort.  I used fired brick, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, rusty hinge and peeled paint.  I stamped my favourite Lavinia stamp "vine" onto the card then embossed in gold.  I stamped the beautiful stag and slender mushrooms on the card and added the dots to the mushrooms with the trusty Posca pen.  I cut a frame out of some patterned paper which I distressed then added the lovely fairy "autumn fall" which I stamped and embossed.

I hope you like it.

Now the important bit - join in the Challenge here and you could win a fantastic prize - £40 (yes £40) of Lavinia Stamps.  If you have seen their new products, the Zentangle stamps, you are going to want to join in!  Good luck. Kx

7 comments:

Zoe said...

Stunning card Karen, just love the autumn colours xxx

Hellen Pearce said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love the mix of textures x

Barbara said...

What a fabulous card, Karen....love the colours, and that fab gold embossing xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous colours Karen and I love the little white dots on the toadstools! xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Beautiful card, in beautiful colours, I love it. Hugs P xxx

Eileen said...

Stunning card matey! Very pretty. I'm seeing such lovely work from all the DT this month!
I've not used the Kraft card for blending ... look cool !
Eileen xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

your card is so lovely
bibiana